So tonight, Ryan and I headed out to hunt night crawler so that we can go fishing tomorrow. We had a rough time finding a place that had been irrigated, but we lucked out when we drove past Quinn and Michelle's house and heard the water pouring through the garden and out on the lawn. (They were out of town--sorry guys. But I did check to make sure the water was going where it needed to before I looked for worms.) Anyway, it was as fun as I remember. Even Ryan had to bow down to my superior skills.

We took Syd and Lauren along with us. It took a little while, but Syd caught on, and was even doing the two worms at a time maneuver. Lauren was in charge of collecting the worms and putting them in the jar. We all had to admit that it is addicting, pitting your skills against such a small minded creature-which is probably what the worms are thinking. . . But, finally, we tore ourselves away. When we got home, we put them in the fridge where all good fishermen keep their worms.

Which brings me to a horror story of my poor mom's. When she was newly married, my dad got some worms and put them in the fridge to keep until he went fishing the next day. Well, sometime in the night they escaped their container. So when my mom got up the next morning to make breakfast, she opened the fridge door to find worms hanging from every nook and cranny! Needless to say, I checked the lid on our worms a couple of times already. Now we just have to see if they will catch some fish.
UPDATE: Let's just say that the night crawler hunting was more successful than the fishing. . . but I did get a nice tan.
3 comments:
So glad we could be of assistance... Even if we weren't home. :)
I had no idea! I was never privey to this special talent. My parents were never in to fishing either so maybe that is why, but I loved catching sick bugs and things when I was younger. Maybe you can teach me sometime!
I loved night-crawler hunting. I loved the fishing too. My children are deprived.
Post a Comment