ODE TO THE WIND
Or
St. Johns in the Spring
The Wind is blowing again today,
Just like it did before.
It's blown and blown for two months now,
And I'm afraid it'll keep blowing some more!
My flowers I planted in April,
Are growing in New Mexico today.
And the dirt that they were growing in,
Has settled on San Francisco Bay.
The kids on the playground have started
To fly UP the slides, rather than down,
And the kids who want to be swinging
Are soaring over some Texas town.
Last night I went to a baseball game,
The pitcher threw the ball,
Back and forth it was thrown by the wind,
Strike 1, 2, AND 3! Was the umpire's call.
So if you venture to St. Johns
And want to give this place a try,
Put two large rocks in your pockets,
Or the wind will just blow you on by!
AND it is now snowing, AGAIN. Ugh.
But on a side note, we beat Round Valley in baseball today. Whoooohoooo!
3 comments:
I love the poem- I don't miss the wind!
such a great poem, Marcie! I think you summed up the feelings of the entire town!
And CONGRATS on beating RV!! Yay!
I love the ode, and I always have tampons you may borrow.
Post a Comment