Monday, July 26, 2010

More Softball


We spent the weekend watching Sydney play softball in Prescott.  The weather was perfect, and the scenery was beautiful.  Ryan has even decided that he could be a club softball dad.  These past two weekends he has thoroughly enjoyed laying around in our reclining chairs. If you know Ryan, that is quite an unbelievable statement.  The man never-and I mean never-slows down.  But in this case, he has found a reason to relax. We filled the cooler full of water, fruit and treats, set it between us and kicked back for most of the day. 


It didn't hurt that there was a lot of good softball being played.  Wow!  You can sure see what commitment and practice can do for a player.


Sydney did a great job, both pitching and at the plate.


We were sure grateful that this team let her play with them this summer.  I know that they hoped she could continue competing with them, but other sports are calling... However, they are keeping her on their roster, "just in case".

When the weekend was over, they had won the Consolation bracket.  Not bad for a couple days of work!

2 comments:

Dee Waite's said...

This is great to see!!!! I loved playing club ball!!!!

Lori Ashton said...

Sounds so relaxing! Love it.

Cheering From the Sidelines

In January, I was asked to write an article for a blog about St. Johns.  The blog is kind of a cross between missionary work and a celebrati...