Sunday, April 24, 2011
Sydney
Soon, Sydney will be turning sixteen. I am amazed by her kindness, talents and beauty. Recently, she had to fill out an application for the National Honor Society. Part of the process requests that you list the volunteer hours that you provide. She struggled to name specific activities or organizations that she has served. However, just yesterday I complimented her on her willingness to give up hours at a time to help those around her. Friday she spent quite a few hours editing photos for a friend. Yesterday she hid Easter eggs for my mom and then spent a couple hours providing a pitching lesson to a young girl who attended our picnic. Syd may never be recognized for formal volunteer achievements. But I will always be grateful for her quiet acts of thoughtful and meaningful service.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Cheering From the Sidelines
In January, I was asked to write an article for a blog about St. Johns. The blog is kind of a cross between missionary work and a celebrati...
-
I unexpectedly started my period yesterday with not a single tampon in the house. I mean really?! While Lauren was searching the house for E...
-
I may not have said it out loud, but after McFly died, I thought we'd hold off on getting another dog. You know, let the grass and the f...
-
Cade has now been gone for over a week. People tried to warn me that whether it was getting married or simply heading off to college, that...


3 comments:
she is so beautiful! You can tell what a nice girl she is just by her countenance (sp) Just like her mom! I swear that I saw her driving to RV the other day. Did you let her take a car full of girls? lol
Ha! Hopefully it wasn't her:) She was pretty busy playing with Griffen this weekend. Girls and Round Valley just can't compete with him!
She is one beautiful girl! And from everything you have said she sounds perfect!
Time flies doesn't it!
Oh & I love your Easter eggs! sooo great!
Post a Comment