So, I might as well get this out in the open at the beginning. Our lives REVOLVE around sports. There, I've said it. It's probably a sickness of some sort, but it's one our family shares together. I grew up playing sports, watching the Cubs on WGN, and waiting anxiously for my subscription to Sports Illustrated. But then I married Ryan and it spun out of control. Now I know all about time trials of the Tour de France, strategies of defensive linemen, and the difference between a 4 finger vs a split finger fastball. I know, I know. It's some how pathetic. Even worse, I'm dying to be able to actually pick up when a pitcher is going for a pick off rather than directly to the plate.Truthfully, though, I love watching my own kids play sports. They have learned so much about hard work, winning, losing, teamwork, friendships and themselves. Ryan and I have been able to teach the kids many lessons as they have experienced the ups and downs of competing.

Cade plays football, basketball and baseball. He loves football, mostly so that he can hit people. I don't think he is too interested in the glory aspects of touchdowns, interceptions, or rushing yards. But if he can knock somebody for a loop, he is happy. He has really excelled in baseball this year. He played catcher for the high school team and even was named to the All White Mountain Baseball team.
Sydney got her first taste of school athletics this year. She played softball, volleyball and basketball. And when that was all done, she played club soccer, club volleyball and little league softball. She definitely keeps us all busy. She is going to have to make some choices in the next year, as volleyball and soccer are played during the same season. Her favorite sport is softball. She just finished the season as a pitcher for her all-star team.
And then there is little Lauren. She has a love/hate relationship with sports. She attended her first baseball game when she was three days old, and has been dragged across the state ever since following Cade and Syd's activities. Some days she loves it. Other days (like the cold windy spring days) she would give anything to stay home and watch TV. Currently she is in the LOVE portion of her sports relationship. She finished T-ball in June and can't wait for soccer in August.

Cade plays football, basketball and baseball. He loves football, mostly so that he can hit people. I don't think he is too interested in the glory aspects of touchdowns, interceptions, or rushing yards. But if he can knock somebody for a loop, he is happy. He has really excelled in baseball this year. He played catcher for the high school team and even was named to the All White Mountain Baseball team.Sydney got her first taste of school athletics this year. She played softball, volleyball and basketball. And when that was all done, she played club soccer, club volleyball and little league softball. She definitely keeps us all busy. She is going to have to make some choices in the next year, as volleyball and soccer are played during the same season. Her favorite sport is softball. She just finished the season as a pitcher for her all-star team.
And then there is little Lauren. She has a love/hate relationship with sports. She attended her first baseball game when she was three days old, and has been dragged across the state ever since following Cade and Syd's activities. Some days she loves it. Other days (like the cold windy spring days) she would give anything to stay home and watch TV. Currently she is in the LOVE portion of her sports relationship. She finished T-ball in June and can't wait for soccer in August.

1 comment:
It's great to see what your family is up to. Cord loves sports too & still plays basketball 2-3 times a week but mostly sticks to fantasy leagues these days.
Post a Comment