Real life came rushing back as soon as we pulled up to the house today...
The grass needed mowing
The new mower died
Laundry started piling up
The kids started starving
Milk had to be bought
Dishes had to be washed
Kids had places to go
Curfew had to be reinforced
Sharing time still had to be planned
As Ryan and I sat on the couch, still struggling with jet lag, I leaned over and reminded him that 24 hours ago, it was "Ryan and Marcie: Friends and Lovers", now we are back to "Ryan and Marcie: Mom, Dad, mechanic, teacher, coach, landlord, Primary President, City Council Member". So we hooked pinkies and swore to remember our first titles more often.
Successful vacation accomplished!
(Vacation pictures upcoming...)
Saturday, August 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Cheering From the Sidelines
In January, I was asked to write an article for a blog about St. Johns. The blog is kind of a cross between missionary work and a celebrati...
-
In January, I was asked to write an article for a blog about St. Johns. The blog is kind of a cross between missionary work and a celebrati...
-
I unexpectedly started my period yesterday with not a single tampon in the house. I mean really?! While Lauren was searching the house for E...
-
Cade has now been gone for over a week. People tried to warn me that whether it was getting married or simply heading off to college, that...
5 comments:
I am glad you had a good time and were able to reconnect. i can't wait to see the photos!
That is the sweetest thing. I had to read it to Wyatt. That is so awesome that you got back to your friends and lovers identity, although it seems like you are always that to me. You have helped me resolve to do better. Thanks for your inspiration as you always help me (whether you know it or not) to be a better mother, wife, and person. You're awesome.
I'm thinking we need a vacation too!! Kids put so much stress (and love) in the home, it's hard to forget what you really are besides a cook and a maid! Sounds like you guys had a great time, can't wait to see pics.
I can't believe you came home just for sharing time!! haha.. :) I hope you didn't get stuck with my time too.
I am excited to see pictures. Glad you were able to get away by yourselves. What a neat experience.
So damn true for all of us...unfortunately. Dr. Laura always says you have to be your husband's girlfriend...not so easy when your also the cook, maid, mom, etc....but I vow to do better. Great post! I'm glad you guys had a great time.
Post a Comment